Tonight the Russian TV showed a rather interesting live interview of Alexander Borodai, the Prime Minister of the self-declared “Donetsk People’s Republic”.
|Alexander Borodai interviewed while protected by his anti-sniper team|
Here is a summary of his statements:
- There are no combats inside Donetsk proper.
- The DPR forces fully control all of the city.
- The Right Sector fully controls the airport.
- The junta’s air force make regular overflights of the city of Donetsk but they are not bombing or conducting air strikes.
- The Ukrainian military tries to avoid combat with the forces of the DPR, but they are forced to do so by the Right Sector death squads who threaten them and their families.
- The DPR forces are also trying to avoid engaging the Ukrainian military.
- There are no negotiations between the DPR and Kiev, only regular exchanges of prisoners.
- Kiev regularly sends negotiators to try to make a deal, but the DPR officials demand a full withdrawal of all Ukrainian forces from the DPR before any negotiations can take place.
- Donetsk is fully surrounded. Banks to not function any more. All roads are closed, and only a few vehicles can enter or leave the city.
- Many mines are on strike and miners are organizing a protest meeting.