Translated by Leo V.
Original Link: https://aif.ru/politics/world/pravda_na_nashey_storone_nikolay_patrushev_o_srokah_specoperacii
The special operation in Ukraine brought to a climax the confrontation between Russia and Western countries led by the United States. The battles are going on not only in the vastness of Ukraine, but also in the economic, political and cultural planes.
What threats are facing Russia and how long can the special operation continue, Secretary of the Security Council of the Russian Federation Nikolai Patrushev told AiF.
What Is the West Trying to Do?
– Gleb Ivanov, AiF.ru: Nikolai Platonovich, the United States and other Western states are openly demonizing Russia, switching to direct insults. What is it connected with?
– Nikolai Patrushev: The style of the Anglo-Saxons has not changed for centuries. And so today they continue to dictate their terms to the world, boorishly trampling on the sovereign rights of states. Covering their actions with words about the struggle for human rights, freedom and democracy, they are actually implementing the doctrine of the “golden billion”, which suggests that a limited number of people can flourish in this world. The destiny of the rest, as they believe, is to bend their backs in the name of their goal.
In order to increase the welfare of a handful of magnates in the City of London and Wall Street, the governments of the United States and United Kingdom, controlled by big capital, are creating an economic crisis in the world, dooming millions of people in Africa, Asia and Latin America to starvation, limiting their access to grain, fertilizers and energy resources. By their actions they are provoking unemployment and a migration catastrophe in Europe. Uninterested in the prosperity of European states, they are doing everything to make them disappear from the pedestal of economically developed countries. And for unconditional control over this region, the Europeans were put on a chair with two legs called NATO and the EU, disdainfully watching how they balance.
– Today, it is increasingly being said that Western pharmaceutical companies are interested in the spread of dangerous diseases and in the daily dependence of mankind on drugs…
– Some experts express an opinion about the man-made coronavirus infection, believing that it could have been created in the Pentagon laboratories with the assistance of a number of major multinational pharmaceutical companies. Clinton, Rockefeller, Soros and Biden funds were involved in this work under state guarantees. Instead of caring for the health of mankind, Washington spends billions on the study of new pathogens. In addition, Western medicine is increasingly practicing genetic engineering, synthetic biology methods, thereby blurring the line between artificial and natural.
– Washington is hatching plans to recognize Russia as a terrorist country, some countries like Lithuania are already officially assigning such a status to Russia…
– As they say, a thief’s hat is on fire. Today it is easier to say which of the largest international terrorist organizations did not arise with American assistance. The United States widely uses them as an instrument of geopolitical confrontation, including with our country. Back in the mid-1980s, under the control of American intelligence services, Al-Qaeda was created on Afghan soil to counter the Soviet Union. In the 1990s, the United States created the Taliban movement to influence Afghanistan and Central Asia.
Guided by their supposedly “national interests”, the United States overthrew objectionable regimes in Libya, Iraq by force of arms, and tried to do it in Syria. And the main striking force in all cases is radical groups, the further unification of which led to the creation of a terrorist monster called the Islamic State, following Al-Qaeda and the Taliban, which got out of control of the Americans.
It is also known about Washington’s warm relations with neo-Nazi thugs in Ukraine.
What Does Denazification Mean?
– There is still a lot of controversy about neo-Nazis in Ukraine. In the West, they unanimously repeat that they are not there. President Biden, asking Congress for billions of dollars in arms supplies to Ukraine, calls this country the front line of the struggle for freedom…
– It’s likely that Westerners will not take off their rose-colored glasses until the brutalized Ukrainian thugs start to rage on their streets. By the way, not only in Europe. Remember the recent shooting in America’s city of Buffalo. I would like to ask the Americans what is the difference between a neo-Nazi who shoots people in a supermarket and the Azov militants, who humiliated and destroyed the civilian population of Donbass every day, year after year?
What is meant by denazification? There has been a lot of talk about it in recent months, but not everyone understands this term.
Everything will become clear if you remember the history. During the Potsdam Conference, the USSR, the USA and Britain signed an agreement on the eradication of German militarism and Nazism.
Denazification meant a number of measures. In addition to punishing Nazi criminals, the laws of the Third Reich were repealed, which legalized discrimination based on race, nationality, language, religion, and political beliefs. Nazi and militaristic doctrines were eliminated from school education.
Our country set such goals in 1945, and we are setting the same goals now, freeing Ukraine from neo-Nazism. However, at that time England and the USA were with us. Today, these countries have taken a different position, supporting Nazism and acting aggressively against most countries of the world.
What Will Happen to Ukraine?
– Some of our readers sometimes express concern, as they write, about “the delay in the timing of the special operation in Ukraine.”
– We are not chasing deadlines. Nazism must either be 100% eradicated, or it will rear its head in a few years, and in an even uglier form.
– How do you assess the chances of a successful completion of the special operation?
– All the goals set by the President of Russia will be fulfilled. It cannot be otherwise, since truth, including historical truth, is on our side. Not for nothing that General Skobelev once said that only our country can afford such a luxury as to fight out of a sense of compassion. Compassion, justice, dignity are powerful unifying ideas that we have always put and will put at the forefront.
– And what fate awaits Ukraine? Will it survive as a state?
– The fate of Ukraine will be determined by the people living on its territory. I would like to remind you that our country has never controlled the fate of sovereign powers. On the contrary, we helped them to defend their statehood. We supported the US during their civil war. France was given repeated assistance. At the Congress of Vienna in 1815, they did not allow it to be humiliated, and during the First World War they saved Paris twice. It was the USSR that did not allow the British and Americans in 1945 to divide Germany into many states. It is well known about the decisive role of Moscow in the unification of Germany, which was most opposed by the French and the British. Russia played an equally important role in the history of Polish statehood. At the same time, today the West in every possible way obscures the contribution of our country to the preservation of other states.
– By the way, Finland, which now wants to join NATO, also formed as state inside the Russian Empire?
– You’re right. Moreover, Finland emerged from the Second World War, despite it participating on the side of Germany, with minimal damage to itself thanks to the position of Moscow. Now, together with Sweden, Finland has been persuaded to join NATO, ostensibly for their own security. Turkey and Croatia, however, object, but, I think, all the same, Helsinki and Stockholm will be accepted into the bloc, because Washington decided so, as well as Brussels which is controlled by them. The will of other peoples is not of interest to the leadership of the United States, although, I believe, many of the inhabitants of these countries understand what kind of adventure they are being pushed into.
NATO is not a defensive, but a purely aggressive offensive military bloc, joining it implies the automatic transfer of a significant part of its sovereignty to Washington. If the military infrastructure of the alliance expands on the territory of Finland and Sweden, Russia will perceive this as a direct threat to its own security and will be obliged to respond.
– NATO members persistently nod to the Finns and Swedes at Ukraine…
– But the logic here is the opposite. It was the actual leadership of the NATO members by the Kiev authorities that led to the catastrophic scenario. If Ukraine had remained independent, and not controlled by the current puppet regime, obsessed with the idea of joining NATO and the EU, then it would have long ago expelled all Nazi evil spirits from its land. Meanwhile, an endlessly smoldering conflict in this country is seen as an ideal scenario for the entire North Atlantic alliance led by the United States. The West needs Ukraine as a counterbalance to Russia, and also as a testing ground for the disposal of obsolete weapons. By fueling hostilities, the United States is pumping money into its military-industrial complex, again, as in the wars of the 20th century, remaining on the winning side. At the same time, the United States considers the inhabitants of Ukraine as a consumable material, which has no place in the very “golden billion”.
– Speaking of billions. Zelensky says Russia must pay reparations to Ukraine…
– It is Russia that has the right to demand reparations from the countries that sponsored the Nazis in Ukraine, and the criminal Kiev regime. The DPR and LPR should demand compensation from them for all material damage for 8 years of aggression. And the Ukrainian people themselves deserve reparations from the main instigators of the conflict, i.e. the United States and United Kingdom, which force Ukrainians to fight, support neo-Nazis, supply them with weapons, send their military advisers and mercenaries.
Many Ukrainians, unfortunately, still believe what the West and the Kiev regime tell them. Sobering up will come sooner or later. They have yet to open their eyes and see that the country actually does not exist, that the gene pool of the people, its cultural memory are being destroyed by Westerners and replaced by rabid gender concepts and empty liberal values.
– Forgetting history and abandoning their values, apparently, the trouble is not only for Ukrainians?
– Of course. Last year I visited the Museum of the Great Patriotic War in Minsk. The guide shared with me her impressions of the visit of a group of students from the United States, who throughout the entire tour doubted whether they were being told the truth in the museum, because they naively believed that it was America that defeated Nazi Germany.
Unfortunately, some school teachers in our country adhere to such a false version of fateful events. Distort the facts and many training guides. The subject of the heroism of the Soviet people during the years of the Great Patriotic War is given little time in history lessons, and in textbooks it is often described superficially. As a result, only a few high school students can name the names of those who won the Victory in 1945 at the cost of their own lives, and almost no one heard about the heroes of the First World War or the Patriotic War of 1812.
Battle For Memory
– What do you see as the reason?
– First of all, we need to look at the training of teaching staff. It’s time to recall the thoughts of Ushinsky and Makarenko that the teacher shapes the personality of the student, and his vocation should not be the provision of services, but enlightenment, education and upbringing. Specialized universities should prepare future teachers as high-class masters, and not stamp them on the assembly line.
Teachers occupy a special place in the life of every citizen, therefore, arbitrary interpretation by individual teachers of world and national history, which undermines the authority of our country and programs the minds of children on the basis of false facts and myths, is unacceptable. The psychological manipulation of youth, the gap between generations, the distortion of historical truth – all this is incompatible with the professional vocation of a teacher.
– I recall the catchphrase attributed to Bismarck that “battles are won by teachers.”
– In my opinion, the idea is certainly true. Especially in the conditions of the hybrid war, which is now deployed against Russia. And in it, teachers are at the forefront. There is a need for personal responsibility of the heads of educational institutions, whose graduates did not hold books on the heroism of the Soviet people during the Great Patriotic War, or have a vague idea of the exploits of those who fought for the Motherland.
It is impossible to push the issues of patriotic education of youth into extracurricular activities. In the reports, all this is described beautifully, but there is no result. In some schools, including private schools, the word ‘patriotism’ is considered obsolete.
– How do you propose to change this situation?
– It is necessary to raise the authority of teachers who are faithful to their profession, devoting their lives to educating true patriots. The most important task today is the revival of historical traditions, as well as the protection of traditional Russian spiritual and moral values. To solve it, a systematic approach to upbringing and education is needed. There is a need to implement the state program in this area at all stages of a person’s maturation and his formation as a citizen. A comprehensive model of this process should be developed.
At present, our students and teachers are actually squeezed out of the Western scientific and educational sphere. I believe it is advisable to abandon the so-called Bologna Process system of education and return to the experience of the world’s best domestic educational model.
In addition, it is necessary to provide for a significant increase in the scale of the state order for the creation of works of literature and art, filmhttp://(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bologna_Process)s and television programs aimed at preserving historical memory, instilling pride in our country and forming a mature civil society, clearly aware of the responsibility for its development and prosperity.
Only in this case, we will be able to successfully counter the threats and challenges that are formed by the collective West to influence the individual, group and public consciousness.
This is priceless.
Thanks Leo V. for your excellent translation.
Much can be gleaned from this interview. Just like when U.S. Generals come out talking too much and the “adversary” may as a result read them like an open book, when Glazyev, Medvedev and Patrushev come out speaking freely on diverse subjects, a similar opportunity is afforded to know a lot about the Russian leadership because of them. Looks like these high authorities are now free to lambaste the West as many times and in whichever ways they please to do so. That’s understandable in the present hostile context. It’s a bad outcome for the West, which was treated by Russia with respect before (just last year). Putin is a maverick, right? He “let the dogs out”; the West “let the bears out.” After the hostile present is in the past, hopefully the maverick will send the dogs back in, but I think that he would do it only if he senses that the West finally respects Russia (so things won’t be the same again). Right or wrong, I imagine some raucous Russian leadership meetings due to this interview. Patrushev said: “The style of the Anglo-Saxons has not changed for centuries. And so today they continue to dictate their terms to the world, boorishly trampling on the sovereign rights of states.” No Russian leader spoke like that two years ago or ten years ago.
You’re welcome tranquilcomp. I know I usually don’t comment, but I do really appreciate everyone’s feedback and input.
Yes, Russia’s leadership has really started making public statements about what they think about the West. Though it’s definitely been a gradual process since 2013. As we know, they kept referring to them as partners while criticizing their actions. But thankfully, the partner term has been dropped. Since their actions speak louder than words.
I think they were being polite. It has been quite the opposite in the West. “Russia is a gas station masquerading as a country.” ~ Sen. John McCain. I think that quote pretty much sums up what the West thinks of Russia as a nation and what “its use is”. Russia is somewhere to go when the West needs a fill-up and oil change. And Putin is the gas station attendant / pump boy. So, when Putin referred to the West as “our partners” it was no doubt met with snickers… no way does a Bentley owner see a gas station attendant as a partner or equal.
The United States is currently a lunatic asylum masquerading as a country… and it is about time they are being called out for it. IMHO
Here is another good resume in the open. An eye opener and confirmation for me and hopefully for others too.
But we can see the connections now openly presented, the hard patriotic and conscious work behind the curtains since year 2000. Enjoy https://cont.ws/@Dewsa/2299396 .
Patrushev is a good, tough leader. I’m glad he’s a member of Putin’s team.
I’m overjoyed that many of my questions are addressed in this conversation with an absolute clarity and directness. E.Casey said that Russia will be the light of this world. Well, it is happening!
Yes it does reveal a lot. There is such a dynamic freshness in the Russian tone. I get the sense that the reason they feel they can talk this way, with such honest and solid substance, is because the know they are in a position to win. As they define it and set the terms. Kinzaza is right.
I wrote an article that was supposed to be published but never was. As a spiritualist I follow E. Cayce and his amazing predictions and reading quite fondly and have several of his books. You can email me and I can share it. I wrote it after Russia intervened in Syria, as I could smell the sea change coming as it merged with Cayce’s reading. The Saker has also provided a great honour to me by publishing my music video. I trust you can put the two together to find me, blesses Boris one eyed oracle dot com https://thesaker.is/really-small-town-by-one-eyed-oracle/
I hate the way that Russians are misinformed about the power of the Anglo Saxon? The Anglo Saxons were dispossessed in 1066, its the greatest trick in history of the conquerors to appropriate the name of the defeated to hide behind.
The jews have been used this way by criminal gangs for generations…those who call themselves jews now are in fact Nazi’s by definition.
As for the war…we are coming to a pivotal stage, the U.S/NATO side have not been idle and have been formulating a new strategy…I suggest its a fall back to strong points on the west bank of the Dnieper and to try and herd the Russian army into killing zones for their new weapon systems.
If Russias objectives is to keep going until Ukraine surrender then they will be waiting a long time. The Dnieper should be the end of the eastern phase and an attack from the southern theatre on Odessa the finishing phase, Ukraine will have to shift focus and try to move troops via a damaged infrastructure.
But who knows what Russia is thinking?
“But who knows what Russia is thinking?”
What they think in short term is impossible to know. But the goal is openly published in December in a form of “non” ultimatum. AngloSaxon military must retreat beyond ’97th positions. And that was *before* SMO. The next ultimatum will be much worse for the West. More likely Orvel’s “1984.” positions.
Current apparent cohesion is the result of ever increasing arm-twisting and pressure on EU allies. Combined with tyranical rule over 5 eyes collonies. We can not possibly see what is real oppinion of western population, but harsh methods that are used by rulling class suggests it is far from that MSM portraits. For war, you need population willing to kill and die for its country/leader. There is no such population among westerners.
The main advantage of West is in media space. They can lie as no one before. To fight peer opponent – not so much. We shall see if lies can survive clash with true warriors.
I seldom reply, but let me say that I am firmly ensconced in the West, Eastern Canada to be specific. The average citizen is terrified of what has become of our tyrannical government and we wish only for peace and to protect our families from cultural degeneration. I assure you, there is no will here for a civilizational fight, and certainly not on behalf of our current “leadership” who have not only betrayed us, but robbed us blind. What you see in the western press is the loudest dogs barking. While we prepare for the coming winter of hardships, they gnash their teeth in depravity. Russia has an impeccable sense of timing.
It is a danger for me to even write the most simple truth as I have just done. They are watching us closely.
All we ask is that when this is over you air-drop some chocolates and cigarettes . . .
Wonderful blog and comments section. Thank you.
average Canadian citizen is terrified
yet they keep re-electing the same psychopaths over again – Turdo a few months ago and in Ontario again a member of the obese psychopathic Ford dynasty.
Probably the only MP fighting for freedom against un-scientific medical tyranny Derek Sloan of Ontario Party got ZERO places in Ontario parliament.
Canadians are addicted to fearful slavery – that is their main problem.
The only country where the un-vaxxed (with either Feizer of Muderna) are not allowed to leave the plantation.
On Toronto public transport you still must wear masks
There is more freedom in Saudi Arabia
Yes, I know many who think they can vote their way out of it. They vote for the blue guy and then the red guy and back to the blue guy again. I have washed my hands of them. But there are many intelligent people who understand what is going on. They have been filtered out of public life, so we don’t hear much from them. Some of them are politically savvy and others have a simple understanding that things are not right, like my mother-in-law, who asked with incredulity, “What in God’s name have the affairs of Russia got to do with us, and ours with them? Let them solve their own problems on their own doorstep and we will deal with our problems over here.”
In regards to the topic of the article: I really enjoy Patrushev’s use of clear and concise language to convey deep concepts. It is like finding water in the desert, and it is a sign of high intelligence. I am not looking for evidence and citations, I am sick of all that. At this moment the Russians have a penetrating insight into the western mind and they express it well. It helps that they have the truth on their side. There is strength in that.
And with that, I’m out.
Excellent comments Albert. As a fellow Canadian, I concur that many of us have eyes wide open. Our nation was built on a pioneering spirit, and one which seeks to just make a good life for our families. I have no idea where we go from here.
It may seem far fetched and a difficult road to navigate, but the ideal situation in my mind is to gather more individuals that can comprehend what’s going on without the Mainstream guiding their thoughts. Start to create a breakaway western civilization that focuses on better land management and farming techniques that work in tandem with nature not against it. No public school education for the kids, hire teachers to teach our kids with creativity and open mindedness and block out the nonsense gender confusion and government approved history books, no “new” math techniques. There’s so much more in my head to share but is too much to share in this comment box.
“average Canadian citizen is terrified
yet they keep re-electing the same psychopaths over again”
Actualy, they don’t. There is ever increasing mountain of evidence that ALL elections are rigged on many levels. Starting with lack of mechanism to compell “chosen” candidate to fulfill promises from election campaign.
I wish someone out there could tell Andrey Martyanov exactly that, especially with what he said about Robert Habeck:
I imagine the situation in Germany is no different from how it is in Canada, eh?
This is a good point. Many are becoming aware of this problem. To make matters worse, our local councils are being taken over by outsiders, whether they be from out of province or out of country, in order to transform the by-laws to conform to the Globalist agenda. This in my opinion is a far more perfidious development than our corrupt parliament in Ottawa. There is no hiding away from it any more, no hinterland in which to regroup. They are now on our doorstep, making decisions for us on the micro-level. They have come for the pets, they have come for the livestock, and soon they will come for the firewood. All with the stroke of a pen and the bang of a gavel. They act with arrogance and supreme confidence in their objectives, but the good news is that they are about to lose.
As if the voting isnt rigged. Turdo is only in power because of alliances made in Parliament. It was not the direct will of the voters.
Do you think they’re going to let us vote our way off the plantation?
But but but, notwithstanding voting all rigged, the sheeple love all these nutholes yes, and hail them yes?
“Obama was such a handsome man not to talk about his lovely family”. (Excuse me, I have to weep now.)
How I wish I lived in a country where there were thinkers of this calibre with altruistic ideals this prescient.
Below, I write a summary of Patrushev’s main beliefs from this interview (paragraph by paragraph). I should start by saying that I am not at all impressed by the intellectual level of Patrushev, Glazyev and Medvedev too; the first two like to expound on many issues as if they were great intellectuals. I consider all three an embarrassment for the Russian government.
#1 That the governments of the United States and United Kingdom are controlled by only a handful of magnates in the City of London and Wall Street. He says that these two govts. are creating a food crisis in the world just to make those magnates rich, and by implication he’s saying their intention is for the Ukraine war to have this effect.
– This accusation regarding the war and world hunger is made without any evidence. Patrushev here also says that England and the U.S. want to make Europe disappear from the list of developed countries. In other words, some people have that as a goal. It would have to be the Wall Street and London magnates. Should he argue that the goal is to make Europe “disappear from the pedestal of economically developed countries”? Does Putin believe that too? I think it’s presented only as a personal belief.
#2 He speculates about the origin of the coronavirus. Should he speculate about the coronavirus origin if he has nothing concrete to say? He gossips about it here. (Hard to have answers for any subject.)
#3 He says the U.S. employs “terrorist organizations” to achieve its goals, that Al Qaeda and the Taliban were created by the U.S. and “got out of control of the Americans.” This (he) means that Al Qaeda attacked the U.S. on 9-11, which was their getting out of control; his only other point is that the U.S. employs such organizations. The Taliban “got out of control” when it rose to power, then. That’s the wisdom of his security experience. Each reader can judge how much wisdom there is in there, and/or how much is lacking.
#4 Here he talks about when “the brutalized Ukrainian thugs start to rage” on American streets in the future: “I would like to ask the Americans what is the difference between a neo-Nazi who shoots people in a supermarket and the Azov militants, who humiliated and destroyed the civilian population of Donbass every day, year after year?” The American people know little about what happened in Donbass. Maybe only people who come to this website or a few other such websites learned about it. Biden will say it’s a lie. I think there are neither Nazis nor neo-Nazis in the U.S. There are some heavily tattooed and violent people. No American region has anything in common with Berlin in the 1930s or with that old German era and culture.
#5 He summarizes how Germany was denazified. He says Russia had this goal in 1945 and has the same goal now. No one else has gone this far in his explanation of what denazification entails. Do you trust any human being for such a denazification mission in Ukraine? I don’t. I think a real witch-hunt could happen like that. Don’t treat your brothers like the Germans were. If they become part of Russia, welcome them as brothers. It’s a bad idea to go witch-hunting or Nazi-hunting like in Germany post-1945. I can’t imagine Putin following Patrushev’s denazification. I think they have not yet settled this issue.
#6 “Nazism must either be 100% eradicated, or it will rear its head in a few years, and in an even uglier form.” He is clear enough in paragraph 5.
#7 “Not for nothing that General Skobelev once said that only our country can afford such a luxury as to fight out of a sense of compassion.” What is that supposed to mean? You fight in self-defense…
#8 He is asked “what fate awaits Ukraine” and if it will “survive as a state.” I think his answer shows Putin does not share his plans with him, and he is disregarding clear statements of Putin from the past as if they were just the words of a politician who says things he doesn’t really mean. Maybe he is right, but I don’t think so. He says Ukraine will decide. That must mean it will decide on its own fate in a referendum.
#9 He says “NATO is not a defensive, but a purely aggressive offensive military bloc”. This is what the entire Russian leadership believes now, right? I think so.
#10 He runs into trouble on the issue of reparations. Of course, under his scenario for Ukraine (#8), there is no one to pay reparations to anyone. He says the Ukrainian people must pay reparations to the DPR and LPR, and that “the Ukrainian people themselves deserve reparations” from the British and the Americans. Looks like he has not even thought about the issue of how Russia recovers all the wealth expended on the SMO.
#11 He lets us know that Russian schools do not properly teach the youth about the “Great Patriotic War.” He must be right. The history/social studies education is not good, then. I’m surprised by that.
#12 He describes a chaotic situation in education, a deteriorating process. This answers a question I had. They have no systematic civic, patriotic education. If it’s as Patrushev tells it, it’s a big problem they better solve in the next…three or four decades? “In some schools, including private schools, the word ‘patriotism’ is considered obsolete”, he says.
#13 His solution for the education problem asks for more state intervention. He has no real idea of how to solve it. It’s a difficult question outside his field, anyway
Western media has been saying that he will be Putin’s successor, while saying that Putin is almost dead already. I don’t believe it.
Thanks for dissecting Patrushev’s interview.
This was an interview and the man was obviously presenting his government’s take on certain issues. He could also have added his own opinion on certain things such as the role of teachers in Russia. He could be right or he could be wrong in the interview. It doesn’t matter which because the value of this interview lay in the fact that it allows us a small peek into Russian thinking about the confrontation with the West.
Further, Patrushev, by virtue of his job, always takes the helicopter view and that is reflected in the interview.
For a more grainy view:
Looks like he has not even thought about the issue of how Russia recovers all the wealth expended on the SMO.
From excess profits from gas and oil exports to ‘unfriendly countries’? According to RT, ‘Russia will get an estimated $321 billion in energy exports in 2022, marking a surge of more than a third compared to last year….’
#7 “Not for nothing that General Skobelev once said that only our country can afford such a luxury as to fight out of a sense of compassion.” What is that supposed to mean? You fight in self-defense…
It means you don’t hate the enemy. The Russians’ attitude towards their enemy is plain to see — look at how the Russians are treating Ukrainian POWs. There are plenty of videos. Have you ever come across a video of a Ukrainian giving medical aid to a Russian?
I should start by saying that I am not at all impressed by the intellectual level of Patrushev, Glazyev and Medvedev too
These are practical men; they are more interested in putting wheels of government in motion rather than contemplating their navels. What do you expect from interviews with such men? An exposition on Plato’s ‘Republic’? At any rate they are heads and shoulders above the run of the mill Western politicians — their adversaries — who can’t tell Austria from Australia, and who, if they’re making plans in the morning, can’t see beyond lunch.
“the value of this interview lay in the fact that it allows us a small peek into Russian thinking about the confrontation with the West.”
I agree (I just think it’s a large peek). In a new interview posted in this vineyard, Putin also says something about the “Anglo-Saxons”:
“The British and later the Americans – Anglo-Saxons – imposed sanctions on our fertilisers.”
Patrushev: “I would like to ask the Americans what is the difference between a neo-Nazi who shoots people in a supermarket and the Azov militants, who humiliated and destroyed the civilian population of Donbass every day, year after year?”
— That was a legitimate question, and the way you feigned ignorance of the Buffalo shooter’s admiration for Ukrainian Nazis took a veil off of your alleged objectivity. The boy, unfortunately, followed and admired the “freedom fighters” of the self-proclaimed Nazi Azov battalion founded and funded by the President of the Jewish Community of Ukraine Mr. Kolomojsky (he is also an Israeli citizen, no less).
Also, what are your favorite American/European deciders whose intellectual level is significantly higher than the intellectual level of Russian deciders? The only sane person in Europe is Orban. And he is currently a pariah among the European deciders.
Here is a roster of the US/EU/UK luminaries. Tell us about your choice of favorite intellectuals: Biden. Harris. BoJo. Truss. Baerbock. Borrell. Stoltenberg. Nuland-Kagan. Blinken. Duda. Plus there are Baltic chihuahuas…
“…followed and admired the “freedom fighters” of the self-proclaimed Nazi Azov battalion founded and funded by the President of the Jewish Community of Ukraine Mr. Kolomojsky (he is also an Israeli citizen, no less).”
The 1945 program that Patrushev mentioned runs the risk of making Ukrainians side with the Azov group. Members of the Azov group deny a connection with Nazism (Wikipedia). I read that in 2015 a spokesman of the group told the USA Today newspaper that only 10 to 20% of the group identified themselves as Nazis and that this was not the ideology of the group. There’s a Ukrainian language. It’s normal if there are proud or nationalistic Ukrainians. I think Putin will apply a wiser, more measured policy. There is a brotherhood there, too, which Russia must want to strengthen not weaken. Other countries have proud regions which don’t even like each other (normal), whose indigenous populations have their own secondary languages which are different, yet they all share a nationality. Putin knows. Patrushev does not love Ukraine in my opinion (he doesn’t have to). Putin loves Ukraine based on how he spoke about it.
“Also, what are your favorite American/European deciders whose intellectual level is significantly higher than the intellectual level of Russian deciders?”
That was not my point. I just said that three leaders, two especially, are discoursing on everything under the sun and they look very third worldlish, to tell you the truth. Point to something I wrote that is wrong, so I fix it if need be.
On point #13 I have some quick ideas. This is something every country either plans well, or one day the devil comes and takes the country.
– I come back to a point I mentioned twice before. You need a name for your political system unless you want the pandemonium, or a “let a thousand flowers bloom” (emphasis mine) approach Patrushev alerted to. It can’t be just “Russia.” A country is naturally too many things for an educational focus like Patrushev wants and maybe all countries need. Note that the Soviets had “marxism-leninism” or “socialism” to be focused on. It wasn’t just about “Soviet Union.” I think their civic, political and patriotic education worked like a clock with a name for their system. Russia does not have its own name for its political system now. I even suggested a name, “Russian Order”, but there can be so many other names picked, needless to say, but let’s take this one to illustrate this solution. The Russian Order would be spelled out and no teacher who does not believe it can teach. End of the problem? (Just about.)
– There are changes needed (worldwide) in how education proper is conducted. Patrushev touched on it with the word “enlightment.” Enlightment is more important than “teaching.” We learn more about social studies and language after high school. “Enlightment” might take into account that the school is not the ideal setting for learning (uncomfortable). I read that one country (an island, I think) realized this and allows more play time and mobility, with very good results. Another factor that can’t be ignored is the known fact that many children and kids are not ready to learn no matter what. They go because they “have to.” For more than a century, responsible adults have only stared at this problem that begs for solutions (“free the children, don’t give me excuses for not freeing them”). Again, “enlightment” is needed for education to be more real than it is. You need enlightened teachers and they are not, so all teachers must go through the same Ministry-Enlightment Center-whatever you want to call it. The enlightened leaders will give the solutions to these two problems (school setting and student immaturity). There can be no failure on education. There are parents who take this mission as their own and they don’t fail; that’s right!
Please, Im certainly not impressed by Einstein, Xi, Putin, Pushkin, JFK, Mohammed Ali, Picasso, Mozart too, and if I have been in charge of the world countless innocent dead civilians and kids would have survived in freedom.
You have to have a certain level to sniff the level Patrushev is on, but you can never reach it.
Unfortunately for both east and west, truth can never take sides.
I am very glad that I fully agree with what you say. Also to understand that Russia is back and at a higher level.
In the 90s of the last century we saw with desperation, from far away, how Russia was being swallowed by the Beast, and the Russians did not seem to realize the trap into which she had fallen.
Thank God there were still burning embers that they couldn’t put out.
The Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) is reporting as of 3 June that they had 1,986 soldiers killed and 8,199 wounded (4.13-to-1 wounded-to-killed ratio) during 100 days of fighting.
During last 7 days 74 law enforcement officers and military personnel and 17 civilians were killed. The number of wounded is 280 (military) and 102 (civilians) respectively.
Since the beginning of the year, 1,999 law enforcement officers have died in the DPR, 8,249 have been injured. Also, 604 civilians were killed, 1,899 were injured.
What are the latest Russian military loss figures?
“All the goals set by the President of Russia will be fulfilled.”
And if goals are not fulfilled these goals are reduced shrank? In Soviet era there was common pretext that if system were lacking something the system claimed: “we don’t need it”.
The RF forces abandoned Kiev on 25 March, those troops launched into action at the start of May. By then, Kiev had more than enough time to relieve its Donbass troops.
Perhaps there was more likely explanation that Moscow expected minimal or no resistance, the Ukrainians greeting them with Russian flags. It clearly failed. Same fantasy can be found during Finnish Russo Winter War where according database of military deaths studied by Pavel Petrov staggering 167,976 Soviet military persons deceased during those 105 days.
“Perhaps there was more likely explanation that Moscow expected minimal or no resistance”
They may have expected, maybe checked, but that’s not the “plan” Putin referred to many times, or what’s going “according to plan” as they say. Hard to believe Putin shares much with Patrushev or the others. Didn’t they, don’t they look like an audience of mostly “yes men” in televised meetings (one or two)? It could easily be that Putin alone knows the plan (as the “West” says, that it’s all about Putin). The Russian political order has had many “strongmen” or “Generalissimos”…there may be no other way to rule (without a pandemonium happening). Putin could naturally be inscrutable to all those who surround him. Patrushev shows above that he doesn’t have a clue about “reparations” (unless he is acting). His 1945 idea of denazification cannot be Putin’s, right? Those are key issues – the wealth and the anti-Russia problem.
The goals will be fulfilled. I am fully confident on this.
You may of course have different opinion, only the future itself will tell.
So, I suggest you to look at some reasonable time in the future (9 may 2027 seems a nice date to me) and look how far the fulfillment, or failure to fulfill, has gone.
Davarish, Patrushev, not only Al-Qaeda & its cut-offs are not out of the US control, but all the Sunni states, shall I dare, all over the world, are in effect the foreign legions of the US deep state. Show me one single Sunni state which is not corrupted to the core by the counterfeit US fiat money.
«all the Sunni states, shall I dare, all over the world, are in effect the foreign legions of the US deep state»
It is more like that they think the opposite: that history and God are on their side, that they will again rule a vast empire, and the degenerate godless american politicians they purchase are their foreign legions. An interesting situation.
The lack of historical knowledge is deeper, it is not restricted to the history of recent wars. Due to its peripheral position, Portugal is a European country with more stable borders, but we need to look at the events of the first millennium after Christ to understand the ethnographic complexity of its population. A population of Suevi, Vandals, Alans, Visogoths, Berbers and Arabs was superimposed on a base of ancient Iberian, Celtic, Phoenician, Greek and Roman peoples. In the second millennium these mixtures were enriched with South American, Indian and Bantu populations. All these peoples contributed to the blood that runs in the veins of the Portuguese today and left marks on their language, not so much in vocabulary or grammar, which is predominantly Latin, as in phonetics which is surprisingly similar to Russian.
Good to learn more about Portugal. I wonder how did the portuguese language happen and how is Portugal so different from Spain and separate? Both had the same ancient Iberians, Celtics, Greeks, Romans as their population.
” In the second millennium these mixtures were enriched with South American, Indian and Bantu populations. ”
Were Native Americans ” enriched ” by the influx of Western populations ? What about Africans ? Indians ?
Indians from the real India in Asia, not the fake Columbus ‘Indians’.
South Americans mostly from Brasil
Berberes and Bantus definitely from Africa.
Arabs, mostly from Africa
You totally missed the point of my question.
This thread is heading off topic. If you want to continue please take to the MFC, Mod
Kudos to the Saker Staff for this interview and many thanks to Leo for his fine translation.
Nikolai Patrushev comes across as a man who can easily separate the wheat from the chaff and like most of the Russian big wigs is always informed by history.
It’s time to recall the thoughts of Ushinsky and Makarenko that the teacher shapes the personality of the student, and his vocation should not be the provision of services, but enlightenment, education and upbringing.
We appreciate it, Stand Easy.
“a group of students from the United States, who throughout the entire tour doubted whether they were being told the truth in the museum, because they naively believed that it was America that defeated Nazi Germany.”
Solution: Include this video by Frank Capra, Why We Fight – The Battle of Russia as part of the tour/handouts.
It’s a US National Archive production and has some very pertinent quotes from US commanders of that time. Well worth a watch if you haven’t seen it already.
Link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrKDBFJoo2w&list=PLugwVCjzrJsXwAiWBipTE9mTlFQC7H2rU&index=6
Very, very informative.
I thought he white washed the iron curtain a bit when he said ” I would like to remind you that our country has never controlled the fate of sovereign powers. ”
Many countries would disagree when they were swallowed up after the war and new borders were created.
Apart from that was very interesting.
That was necessary to protect the Soviet Union’s western border. After facing a large-scale invasion, they had every reason to be sceptical about the West. Churchill even called for an attack on the USSR.
” – We are not chasing deadlines. Nazism must either be 100% eradicated, or it will rear its head in a few years, and in an even uglier form. ”
Defeating ” Nazisim ” is as vacuous and nonsensical a goal as Uncle Samstein’s war on ” terror ” or the war on
” drugs “. Its impossible to define and, therefore , achieve.
I Always complay about no other language translate. There’s a lot of people like myself that have only a smarth phone. Do you understand my problem? I would like to understand everything but i can’t.
Takes time, but if you keep coming with a dictionary in hand, there’s no way you won’t learn the language (might be the best way for you). You’ll know enough after one year (giving a lot of solutions!).
Such a great interview. His thinking on education is some of the best articulation on the matter I’ve seen. As I’ve said countless times about Ukraine. And Russia can be added as well. It is vitally important to purge out of the educational system 5th column pro-Western elements. And only permit patriotic pro-Russian teachers to work with the children.The nation’s future is too precious to be careless with. Russia’s enemies know that “if you control the children,you control the future”. And they must never be allowed to gain that control.
Thank you for at least mentioning the Golden Billion which I think is the elephant in the room. It’s easy, and fun, to poke fun at the pathetic skill level of the public announcements of Western messengers. But I think they are only messengers of the golden billion and those who hope to be part of it and who have been quite successful these past few years.
Declaring a pandemic of their of their very own, followed by their very own vaccines which have been worth billions and helped to limit and kill or disable millions And it was so fast and easy. Next Gates et al are set to gain total control over WHO with new regulations which override national efforts to decide who,when and where there are to be lock downs or compulsory vaccinations.
Just my example of the power of the Golden Billion.
Thanks for letting me sound off.
If there is a settlement with the US/NATO over Ukraine will Russia re-submit the terms of the December Ultimatum for an over settlement with NATO and ally.
People must also keep in mind that the “Great Patriotic War” ; might not have even occurred if the Ribbentrop/Molotov Pact ; which divided Poland between
Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union had not been signed on the eve of Germany’s invasion of Poland. Stalin was the Termite who actually wrecked the house. Hitler could never have started the War unless the Soviet Union promised not to interfere with his plans. the /soviets and Germany actually divided uppoland’d territory . The Soviets waited two weeks after Hitlers invasion to invade their promised part of Poland.