Official statement of the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation
Russian Su-24 aircraft shot down by Turkish F-16 fighter on its way to the Hmeymim airbase
The Russian Su-24 aircraft was shot down on its way to the Hmeymim airbase in the territory of the Syrian Arab Republic by a Turkish F-16 fighter.
Analysis of the objective monitoring data definitely showed that there had not been any violation of the Turkish air space.
1. The Russian Su24 military jet was shot down by a Turkish F-16 over Syrian territory while returning to Khmeimim airbase, the Russian Defense Ministry has confirmed.
The Ministry’s Twitter says that “analysis of the objective monitoring data” showed the downed SU-24 jet did not violate Turkish air space.
2. Russian Su-24 fighter jet shot down over Syria – Russian MoD (VIDEO)
3. MAP location of the Russian jet crash in Syria
4. Russian President Vladimir Putin said he regards the downing of the SU-24 as “a stab in the back” by “terrorist accomplices,” adding that Turkey gets the flow of oil from Islamic State-controlled territories. [source]
5. Putin: Downing of Russian jet over Syria stab in the back by terrorist accomplices VIDEO
The Russian President is making a statement on the Russian Su-24 warplane recently downed over Syria after meeting with Jordan’s King Abdullah in Moscow.
6. Russian Su-24 jet has crashed on the Turkish-Syrian border, the Russian Defense Ministry said. [source]
7. NATO that was shunned by France after November 13th, Paris attacks are once again in the headlines. France has set a precedent for using the EU as the first response to military attack in the continent, marking a decisive shift away from Nato. However, after the Turkey’s attack on Russia NATO calls ‘extraordinary meeting’ on Tuesday 24. TASS and Yahoo
8. Czech Foreign Minister urges international anti-terrorist strategy agreement [source]
According to Lubomir Zaorale, the situation with Russia’s SU-24 military aircraft is “a serious warning” to participants of the operation against the Islamic State militant
9. TASS condemns attack on journalists in Syria
On Monday, TASS correspondent Alexander Yelistratov, as well as RT correspondents Sargon Khadaya and Roman Kosarev came under fire in Syria and suffered minor injuries
10. Lavrov says Russians should refrain from visiting Turkey [source]
“According to our estimations, the threat is no less than in Egypt,” Lavrov warns
11. Russian lawmaker seeks Turkey flight ban after military plane downed [source]
Nikolay Levichev, a deputy speaker of the Russian State Duma lower house, has asked the head of the Federal Aviation Agency to consider banning flights to Turkey following Tuesday’s crash of a Russian Su-24 military jet.
“I am asking you to consider total and immediate termination of air communications between Russia and Turkey until exhausting measures are taken to get rid of any possible sources of terrorist threat at Turkish airports,” Levichev said.
12. November 24th President Putin had a Meeting with King Abdullah II of Jordan [source]
Vladimir Putin had talks with King Abdullah II bin Al-Hussein of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, who is in Russia on a working visit.
13. Putin: Russia, Jordan must join forces in fight against terrorism [source]
“Today when such serious struggle against international terrorism is underway, we must pool our efforts, it is clear,” the Russian leader said during his meeting with King Abdullah II of Jordan
14. Lavrov Cancels Visit to Turkey After Su-24 Downing Over Syria [source]
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has cancelled his visit to Turkey after a Russian Su-24 jet was downed over Syria with an air-to-air missile launched by Turkish F-16 fighter planes.
“The president clearly stated that this could not but affect Russian-Turkish relations. In this context, it was decided to cancel the meeting between Russia’s and Turkey’s ministers of foreign affairs, which was planned for tomorrow [November 25] in Istanbul,” Sergei Lavrov told journalists.
15. Protest taking place at Turkish embassy in Moscow [source]
President Putin called the incident with Russian Su-24 frontline bomber a “stab in the back” of Russia delivered by “terrorism accomplices”
16. Video by FSA brigade said-to-show Russian helicopter destroyed by TOW near Su-24 crash site VIDEO
Published on Nov 24, 2015
Video by FSA brigade said-to-show Russian helicopter destroyed by TOW missile launcher near Su-24 crash site. The chopper is believed to be on rescue mission for pilots of Su24M downed over Syria near border with Turkey earlier today.
17. Not only Ankara backs Daesh but offers also logistical support – Pepe Escobar [source]
Published on Nov 24, 2015
A Russian warplane has gone down near the Turkish-Syrian border after an apparent attack. Turkish and Russian sources have given conflicting reports about the incident, which has the potential to escalate the tension between Russia and NATO member Turkey.
Political analyst Pepe Escobar believes Turkey is clearly linked to ISIS and other extremist organizations in Syria
18. Russian warplane shot down at Syria-Turkey border Live updates
19. Russia Lodges Official Protest With Turkish Attache Over Downed Su-24 [source]
Russia has lodged an official protest with the Turkish military attache over its downed Su-24 jet, the Russian Defense Ministry said.
The Russia Defense Ministry is considering Turkish actions in Syria [downing a Russian Su-24 jet over Syria] as unfriendly act, the ministry said in a statement.
“We are considering actions of the Turkish air forces as an unfriendly act,” the statement read.
20. Russian Su-24 pilots shot dead while parachuting over Syria – Turkmen militia [source]
21. Turkey Summons Ambassadors From UNSC Member-Countries Over Su-24 Incident [source]
Ambassadors from five United Nations Security Council member-countries were summoned Tuesday at Turkey’s request. [source]
MOSCOW (Sputnik) — The Turkish Foreign Ministry summoned on Tuesday ambassadors from five United Nations Security Council member-countries over the downing of a Russian combat plane on the Turkish-Syrian border, Turkey’s Anadolu news agency reported.
According to the agency, the ambassadors from Russia, UK, the United State, China and France will be given information on circumstances surrounding the shooting down of a Su-24 attack aircraft, which allegedly violated the Turkish airspace during a mission against Islamic State militants in Syria
22. Defence Attache at the Embassy of the Republic of Turkey in Moscow was urgently summoned to the Russian Ministry of Defence where he was presented an official protest concerning the actions of the Turkish Air Force [source]
Defence Attaché at the Embassy of the Republic of Turkey in Moscow was urgently summoned to the Russian Ministry of Defence where he was presented an official protest concerning the actions of the Turkish Air Force containing following statements:
“Today at 9:30 the Russian aircraft, which performed combat counterterrorist missions was shot down by an aircraft of the Turkish Air Force.
The Russian aircraft did not cross the Turkish border and acted only against objects on the territory of Syria.
Combat actions of the Russian aviation were conducted against illegal terrorist formations, which consist of a large number of militants from the Russian North Caucasus.
Efforts of the Russian Defence Ministry specialists to organize cooperation with the Turkish party by emergency communication link were not successful.
The Defence Ministry considers actions of the Turkish Air Force as an unfriendly act.
At present, the Russian Defence Ministry is designing a complex of measures directed to respond such incidents.
23. Combat missions against terrorists in Syria will be continued.”
The Russian Defense Ministry confirms that they have not received any response from the Turkey’s government. Turkey refuses to communicate with the Russian officials. [source]
The Western Media on the Turkey’s attack on Russia
The EU’s Tusk and NATO are calling for “calm” “prudence and common sense”
Putin calls Turkey ‘accomplices of terrorists’ after Russian jet shot down – live updates
NATO calls ‘extraordinary meeting’ after Turkey downs Russian jet. NATO accusing Russia in violation of Turkey’s airspace [source]
Two pilots from downed Russian jet believed alive, authorities working to secure their release from Syrian opposition rebels: Turkish official [source]
‘Shooting down of jet could be game changer for Russia and Turkey’ [source]
Germany’s Steinmeier urges Russia and Turkey to show restraint [source]