1. Ukraine resumes export of Russian electricity [source]
Москва. 7 августа. INTERFAX.RU – Украина возобновила импорт электроэнергии из РФ по контракту между “Укринтерэнерго” и “Интер РАО”, сообщили в пятницу агентству “Интерфакс” в украинской Минэнергоугля.
2. Kiev Junta sanctioned 1300 Russian individuals and companies [source]
Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk wrote on his Facebook page on August 12: “Yesterday the extended sanctions against Russia imposed by the US government came into force. Ukraine’s Cabinet of Ministers today approved a second package of sanctions and sent it to the National Security and Defence Council. Ukraine’s government proposes to impose sanctions against 1,124 individuals and 156 legal entities.”
3. Ukraine trains a group of fascists from Belorussia. Tactical group Belarus [source]
Тактическая группа “Белорусь”
4. SS Generals dreams about Ukraine. Jews, UPA and Galicia in the the plans of the Third Reich. German’s plans for Ukraine are coming to life [source]
О какой Украине мечтали эсесовские генералы. Евреи, УПА и роль Галиции в планах III Рейха
5. Comment by the Information and Press Department on the Swedish investigation of a neo-Nazi suspected of war crimes in eastern Ukraine [source]
12 August 2015 – We noted Swedish media reports about an investigation into a local neo-Nazi group member suspected of committing war crimes in eastern Ukraine in 2014.
The Foreign Ministry has repeatedly stated that foreign citizens’ involvement in the internal Ukrainian conflict as mercenaries is unacceptable.
In the summer of 2014, the Foreign Ministry sent a note to the Swedish Embassy in Moscow regarding the participation of Swedish nationals, in particular Mikael Skillt, in the conflict in eastern Ukraine.
In this connection, we expect that Swedish investigative agencies conduct a thorough investigation into the participation of the country’s neo-Nazis in combat operations on Ukrainian territory and the crimes they committed in the conflict zone.
6. Shocking pictures from inside neo-Nazi military camp reveal recruits as young as SIX are being taught how to fire weapons (even though there’s a ceasefire) Azov battalion, the far-right militia defending the port city of Mariupol, eastern Ukraine, runs the course for children [source]
August 13th, By Steph Cockroft for MailOnline
•During the week-long course, they teach so-called ‘Azovets’ how to fire weapons and survive in a conflict zone
•Camp comes under command of Andriy Biletsky, who once admitted that the battalion ‘do not like ceasefire at all’
•Conflict broke out in April 2014, when separatists rebelled against rule of Kiev’s new Western-looking government
More info at the link.
Economy of Ukraine
1. 100 days till winter. Upcoming heating season is set to fail. Ex-minister of Energy “We’re past the point of no return” [source]
Экс-министр энергетики Украины о срыве отопительного сезона: “Точка невозврата пройдена”
2. An agro firm near Kiev secretly destroyed 62000 piglets. They claim that animals were infected with African swine fever (ASF) [source]
This disease has never been reported in Ukraine before.
3. Accelerating collapse of the economy of Ukraine [source]
Падение экономики Украины ускорилось
4. Ukraine’s Next payment to INF is on September 25th in amount of $135,000,000 [source]
1. Fighting intensifies for the past three days with the Kiev military shelling [source]
2. Political experts on the escalation of the fighting in Donbass [source]
Обострение в Донбассе: «России пора понять простые истины и определиться»
There is no diplomatic solution to this conflict that Washington wants to escalate.
3. The updated reports on how lawyers in Donetsk are preparing dozens of cases against the Kiev authorities accusing them in war crimes and crimes against humanity for the international war tribunal [source]
Украинский кризис Александр КОЦ, Дмитрий СТЕШИН (16:16)
Донецкие юристы готовят «Второй Нюрнберг»
Адвокаты, криминалисты и ученые Донбасса отправляют в Международный уголовный суд доказательства десятков военных преступлений [обновляется]
4. Detailed Donetsk sitrep [source]
5. Russian TV crew comes under fire near Donetsk airport [source]
6. Colonel Cassad: Donetsk People republic SITREP August 13th, 2015 [source]
Бои в ДНР 13.08.2015 – Онлайн-трансляция
7. Ukrainians military declare that they are preparing to attack [source]
Генштаб Украины заявляет о готовящемся наступлении, Аналитика Алексей Зотьев
8. Ukraine military try to capture Gorlovka, a strategically important town during the night [source]
9. Breaking News: Kiev military started tanks attack on Stila village, Starobeshevo region [source]
МОЛНИЯ: украинские войска начали наступление на Старобешевском направлении
10. Military intelligence: Kiev got ready for a full scale attack on Donetsk [source]
11. The Donetsk People’s Republic and Lugansk People’s Republic Armed Forced are on full battle alert [source]
2 августа 2015, Тревога в ДНР и ЛНР: войска приведены в полную боеготовность
12. OSCE Mission is evacuating from Donetsk on August 13th [source]
Today, August 13th, Pushilin says that information about OSCE withdrawal is fake and that the observers are staying put [source]
13. Aug 12 Sitrep – Ukraine’s Major Threat Escalation: Cassad’s 8 Points [source]
August 12th, 2015 – By: Colonel Cassad – translated by Greg Butterfield for RedStarOverDonbass
August 12: Events in the Donetsk People’s Republic (DNR) continue to escalate.
1. After the Ukrainian Armed Forces (APU) shelling of Gorlovka on August 9, the militias of the DNR and Lugansk People’s Republic (LC) were put on high alert. Notably, activity in the DNR is much higher than in the LC. Troops are returning from leave.
2. Since yesterday the use of MLRS [Multiple Launch Rocket Systems] was seen, which had previously been only sporadic. Last night the sides exchanged artillery fire. Near Gorlovka sporadic fighting continues.
3. Equipment is being brought to the front by both sides (we have tightened the second line), the junta has officially renounced any restrictions on the withdrawal of artillery and openly allowed (legalized) its application.
4. The DNR and LC are now actively strengthening their positions at the front in anticipation of an offensive by the APU. There is increased activity in the military structures. http://cassad.net/vazhnoe/16232-v-dnr-obyavlena-boevaya-trevoga.html
5. In Donetsk city today, people were released from work early because they fear massive shelling. In the cities, the DNR is preparing bomb shelters, and notably, talking about the possibility of air strikes.
6. Officials openly say that fighting (high-intensity) can erupt at any time. The Minsk format shows no signs of life. (The next meeting should be held in late August plus announced “conversations” in September.)
7. According to various sources, the beginning of the active phase is expected in the coming days if diplomacy does not slow down the current situation.
8. In general, the activity points to the possibility of a return to massive bloodletting in the coming days, rather than continuation of the trench warfare of April-July 2015.
Update: August 12, 16:02 – DNR contact group envoy Denis Pushilin said that full-fledged fighting could flare up at any moment. According to him, the number of attacks considered full-fledged fighting is 150-180 a day. During most of the ceasefire, shelling incidents were not more than 30 per day, but in recent days the number had increased to 60-80.
Update: Information about the concentration of enemy forces.
In the territories of the DNR and the LC controlled by the Ukrainian junta, there is “complete preparation for a major offensive.”
Data obtained from local residents confirmed this information in full.
Kharkov. At the railway station on August 11 several hundred soldiers were seen, with backpacks, but without weapons.
Novoaydar, at a local poultry farm. On the territory are shrouded fighting vehicles (what kind, the residents do not know).
Towards Schastye from Novoaydar, 30 tanks and two BM-21 were seen being moved. In addition, replenishment of staff and many new pieces of equipment were noted.
Gnutova village. Occupiers heading toward Donetsk [city] with 14 guns, D-30 and “Rapier”. Villagers are preparing to wait out shelling in cellars. Past the village, towards Donetsk, passed trucks with personnel, minibuses, ambulances. According to the source, “Over the weekend, Ukrops took all the diesel fuel for tanks, they were all drunk. Right now, the nearest delivery in 7-10 days. ”
Druzhkovka. On August 12 at 5 am, a column of tanks, two columns of light armored vehicles, several units with howitzers, tank trucks passed through the city. An hour later, a column of tanks returned by the same route.
Alekseevka. The Ukrainian military arrived in the village, including 9 women snipers, everyone speaks a foreign language, but not English. Rather, it is one of the Baltic or Scandinavian languages. According to observations of local residents, the unit plans to move further in the direction of
Dokuchayevsk. Schastye. All “karbaty” left the village, leaving only part of the APU. Residents were told that if militia try to take the village, it will be levelled.
Lugansk village. Occupiers are using empty home for target practice with RPGs and grenade launchers and residents were required to leave the village.
Update: As a result of the night bombardment of Makeyevka, a pipeline that supplies gas to the local steel plant was damaged. A few shells hit Makeyevka, but there were no casualties.
Update: “According to information received from local residents and militias, in the village of Zaitsevo, a Gorlovka suburb, there is now fierce combat with armored vehicles from the APU. From Gnutova, Ukrainian tanks left in the direction of Donetsk, Ukrops at checkpoints are drunk and they brought up a lot of weapons. In the LC, from the direction of the village Katerinovka, the APU fired tanks and BMPs near the village of Youth. One person was injured in the bombardment, and a power cable was ignited. Shots were fired at a T-shaped intersection near Trehizbenki by anti-aircraft ZU-23-2, from the area of the bridge near the village of Trёhizbenka. The most intensive shelling currently is in Spartak in the suburbs of the capital and around the territory of the Donetsk airport. Gorlovka and several other settlements are under fire from the APU. ”
Update: Information from military source in Khartsyzsk
1. The city itself is in the rear and is not subjected to shelling, but all along the line of contact, enemy DRG’s are firing at Khartsyzsk.
2. Sources in Khartsyzsk confirm that a warning of the possibility of enemy aircraft on the frontline passed through military channels
3. Whether to order an evacuation of the city has not yet been resolved.
14. Oktyabrisky village, suburbs of Donetsk, under Ukrainian shellings. Some houses are burning! [source]
August 12 – ВСУ обстреливают поселок Октябрьский в Донецке, горят жилые дома — Приходько
Kievskyi district, area around it and N-W suburbs of #Donetsk under Ukr. shellings!
15. BREAKING: Donetsk under Massive Bombardment by UAF; many dead and wounded [source]
16. Weekly Update from the OSCE Observer Mission at Russian Checkpoints Gukovo and Donetsk based on information as of 11 August 2015 [source]
KAMENSK-SHAKHTINSKIY, Russian Federation 12 August 2015
17. Germany transporting old military trucks to Ukraine [source]
Грузовики для хунты, Борис Рожин
18. Military and humanitarian MAP of Ukraine for August 12, 2015 [source]
19. Russia to start a peacekeeping operation in Donbass, if Kiev regime will continue with its attacks says former speaker of the Ukraine Foreign Ministry [Source]
Россия начнет масштабную миротворческую операцию на Донбассе в случае наступления на Донецк и Луганск, — украинский экс-дипломат
20. Results of the last night fighting’s in Donbass [Source]
Fighting went down during the day. Both sides remain at their positions.
21. Dutch Authorities Refuse Access to MH17 Boeing Crash Information [Source]
August 13th – The Dutch television news service RTL Nieuws made a Freedom of Information request about the actions of the Dutch government in the aftermath of the Malaysian Airlines crash in Donetsk in July 2014, which was refused by the Ministry of Security and Justice.
22. Post from a well-known volunteer Alexander Zuchkovsky
– about “Voyentorg” – everyone can be calm, quite big group just arrived, greater than the one that participated in the winter operations.
– in case of re-escalation and beginning of real war, the number of “vacationers” and tanks will be no smaller than in August 2014.
– group split into 2 subgroups – one is supporting south of DNR, second one Lugansk. Many “curators” withdrawn by Moscow two months ago returned to the front.
– former commander of 9.th company Savelev arrested and returned back to Moscow (relates to previous news about what happened in Shirokino).
– described how colonel “Kozyr” fell into Ukrainian custody. It seems he did that on purpose due to some personal reasons. His men were withdrawn from frontlines
– about current development in GRU DNR – “Starij” was finally returned to Moscow, things should get better now.
– more less interesting info about field hospital they are trying to setup
– Beware of August 24th, it’s so called “independence” day in Ukraine. There might be all kinds of false flags attacks and provocations
23. Kiev regime terrorist group was discovered and liquidated on the Territory of Donetsk People’s Republic [source]
24. Ukrainian artillery again strikes Donetsk August 12 , information for 18-00 photos [source]
Vasilchenko street -hit, catching fire
Mirgorodaskaya street -hit and catching fire
Timur street -hit the summer kitchen, catching fire
The US & EU war on Russia
1. The U.S.-Russia “phony war”: How Washington warmongers could bring us from stalemate to catastrophe by Patrick L. Smith [source]
One of two outcomes is likely: Another long Cold War, or a great power conflict
The Third World War
1. Mushroom Cloud Forms After Massive Explosion Rocks Chinese Port City (At Least 100 Hospitalized) [source]
2. How China Trades US Treasuries When It Wages Currency War [source]
3. 12 Signs That An Imminent Global Financial Crash Has Become Even More Likely [source]
“But just because things look like they will happen a certain way does not necessarily mean that they will. All it takes is a single “event” of some sort to change everything.”
The single event would be a war in Europe. It could instantly reverse an American fading fortune, and turn this country into a safe haven. Granting that Russia wouldn’t blowup the US first. As long as the war confined to European countries, and Russia is not attacked, the US won’t be having a war on its territory. Will Europe still exist in 2016?
4. Against its charter and ethics the INF turned openly political on the Kiev junta’s side [source]
IMF management endorses war crime against PRESS -– Lagarde supports INF Ukraine representative in propaganda trip to Venice, all expresses paid
By John Helmer, Moscow – The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has taken sides in the homicide trial of Nadia Savchenko, a Ukrainian military volunteer who is standing trial in Russia for the murder last year of two Russian journalists reporting on the conflict in eastern Ukraine.
Jerome Vacher, the resident representative of the IMF in Kiev, appeared at the Ukraine art pavilion at the Venice Biennale, at the official opening sponsored by the Ukrainian oligarch Victor Pinchuk. The event took place on Thursday, May 7, and Vacher was there at the invitation of the Pinchuk Art Centre. The day was a regular working day in the Ukraine office of the IMF, and at IMF headquarters in Washington, DC. Pinchuk’s insolvent Ukrainian bank and steel company are beneficiaries of the current multi-billion dollar IMF loan to Ukraine, the disbursement of which Vacher is responsible for supervising.
Here comes a punch line…
“Pinchuk’s struggling bank, Bank Dnepr Credit, is a beneficiary of IMF payments to the Ukrainian banking system through the National Bank of Ukraine. It is also subject to Vacher’s recommendations to the IMF team supervising the Fund’s requirement that insolvent Ukrainian banks should be recapitalized by their shareholders. For that story, read this. ” [source]
More on those who makes money on the endless wars and economic collapses…
5. US-NATO Military Deployments, Economic Warfare, Goldman Sachs and the Next Financial Meltdown. Is There a Relationship? [source]
By Prof Michel Chossudovsky for Global Research, August 08, 2015
Goldman seems to be everywhere, into everything, but did you know it also is into warmaking?
The U.S. government, of course, not only wages war around the world and is also involved in “financial warfare.” But many people don’t realize the major role played by the Big Banks in military warfare as well as financial warfare with a close relationship to the policies and assaults by the Pentagon and NATO. Professor Michel Chossudovsky this week has given frightening details on the worldwide connection banks make to financial warfare. Especially poignant is Chossudovsky’s personnel review of the first class financial war machine of Goldman Sachs. Here’s Chossudovsky:
In early August, Goldman Sachs appointed NATO’s former Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen as a financial consultant.
1. FSB Kills Wahhabi “Caucasus Emirate” Leader in Dagestan [source]
August 12th, 2015 – TVZvezda – translated by Soviet Bear
2. NATO’s attempts to take over Crimea by making 1000s years if Russian history obsolete. 5th Column-ists are ready to serve. [source]
Tmutarakan – a Russian principality in Crimea from a thousand years ago
August 9, 2015 – Journalistic Truth – Published in March, 2014 Translated by Kristina Rus
Maidan propagandists forgot about Tmutarakan
Former Putin adviser and “RBC Dаily” distort history in favor of maidanites
Director of department of information policy of the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry, Yevgeny Perebyinis made a historic discovery, which can only be compared with the revelations of the crooks Nosovsky and Fomenko, who have abolished the entire history of the Ancient world. According to pan Perebeinos, Russians are not eligible to participate in the referendum on Crimea, because they are not indigenous to the peninsula. These are only Ukrainians, Crimean Tatars, and also descendants of the Khazars – the Karaites and Krymchaks. As for the Russians, who make up more than 60% of the Crimean population, it is no more than a diaspora of aliens who have no right to determine its fate.
Prohorov’s journalists, and after them Illarionov skipped one state in the Crimean history. We are talking about the Tmutarakan Principality that emerged in those lands after the defeat of the Khazar Khaganate by Svyatoslav.
From the end of the X and until the beginning of the XII century the Tmutarakan Principality owned the Taman Peninsula with the city of Tmutarakan (Taman) and East of Crimea with the city of Korchev (Kerch), however, the constant incursions of the Cumans forced him to accept the protectorate of the Byzantine Empire. Last Tmutarakan Prince Oleg Svyatoslavich took the position of Byzantine archon, after his death in 1115, the region was ruled by governors sent from Constantinople, but the Slavic population remained here under them, and after the passing of the South-East of Crimea under the control of Genoa.
The fact of more than a century of the existence of Tmutarakan Principality makes the Russians much more “indigenous” people of Crimea than the Mongols [Crimean tatars] who appeared only in 1239. As for the Ukrainians, in the Chronicles of that time the existence of such people is not recorded. There was Kievan Rus, whose inhabitants were called the Russians (or “Rus”) and part of which was the Tmutarakan Principality. In this regard, it is debatable: who are the indigenous people in Kiev. By the logic of Perebeinos and his Moscal friends – namely Russian.
“Journalistic truth” №11, 2014 Vseprokosmos.ru:
3. News from Sevastopol, Crimea. Analysis of the ongoing crisis of power by Egor Holmogorv [source]
Публицист Егор Холмогоров – об одном внутреннем политическом кризисе и необходимости его скорейшего преодоления
4. Hands off Sergey Lavrov [source]
Sergey Lavrov whispered “moron” addressing some aggressive journo during the press conference. Liberals in Russia raised the noise level.
Lavrov and Churkin face so much hate, fighting for Russia. Hands off Lavrov.
Under the picture: “Vitaly, pass a grenade launcher, please. It’s over there, behind that chair.”
5. Putin met with the head of the Central Bank
As reported by our reader Red Ryder on August 11, 2015 • at 5:39 am UTC
“OT but very relevant in terms of destabilization against BRICS.
Of course, the first target was Russia. Sanctions and low oil prices have hurt the rise of Russia.
One important tool of economics is the Central Bank.
Putin met with the head of the Central Bank early today.
Here’s a transcript of the meeting. Elvira Nabiullina is a controversial figure in Russian economics, but Putin has faith in her. Several topics are covered.
Ruble, national credit card system, national credit ratings agency, interest rates for savings and loans and liquidity to grow businesses. ”
Transcript is in English.