by Yuri Podolyaka for this YT channel
translated by N. for the Saker blog
Hello, my dear listeners.
Today is March 2 and today’s first material will not be a review of the war front situation, because in the last few hours I just have not had a chance to get a whole lot of information. There is some information, but I will cover it in the next review.
Today, and also in the future, in the morning reviews, I want to look at what is happening around the conflict in Ukraine.
And, one of the most important issues is – which countries of the world have supported Russia on this issue and which have not, because this question is actually critical for Ukraine. And not only for Ukraine, for it is unquestionably very important for Russia too, because the prevailing opinion in Ukraine is that “the whole world is with us”.
So, let’s take a look – who is this “whole world” and to what extent is it with them?
Well, it is obvious that the USA, Canada and most of the European countries are really with them, at least so they say, but then there are other countries, like Hungary, for example, which express ambivalence. On one hand, they support sanctions, but then on the other hand, regarding military assistance to Ukraine, Hungary said a firm “No”. Furthermore, it will not even allow any transportation of any goods across its territory and borders.
Serbia and Bosnia-Herzegovina have taken a special position as well, certainly, because the position of the Serbs is very clear and resolute – they are totally behind Russia.
Then, there is the USA and Europe – with them it is all quite clear, as with Japan, Australia and all the closest political partners of the USA. After that – silence.
All other significant countries, in one form or another, have expressed support for Russia. Firstly, it is very visible in Latin America, where Brazil, Argentina, and yesterday Mexico – everyone, the main countries, all stated in unison that they will not support sanctions against Russia. Understandably, besides Columbia and several other countries, the more economically developed countries of that region, however, have stated that they will not support sanctions against Russia.
South Africa, the only country of the African continent that has some political weight, also took the same position. And, almost forgot – also Egypt. It is also against the sanctions. Well, it’s understandable why – because if Egypt says “yes” to the sanctions, it would stand to lose all the Russian tourists. Also, Turkey said it was against the sanctions against Russia. And, so it follows, all the countries that orient themselves around Turkey, also are against the sanctions. Even Israel’s position in this question looks very, very ambivalent.
Israel really, really does not want to quarrel with Russia. And it’s clear that Israel will continue to maneuver till the very last moment. For the leadership of Israel, the final knife in the back was the killing of an Israeli citizen by the nationalist Ukrainian soldiers, during the attempt to evacuate him, when he was mistaken for a Kadyrov Chechen mercenary associated with the pro-Russian separatists.
Also, none of the Middle Eastern countries, at least none of the significant ones, have expressed support for the sanctions against Russia. The United Arab Emirates were against, Saudi Arabia was against – moreover, it stated that it would strictly adhere to the policies of OPEC-Plus. The Americans had implored them to increase production.
It is also clear that Iran is behind Russia. So, the axis that Russia has developed in the Middle East is working and, in fact, working strictly like clockwork.
India also did not support the sanctions, although yesterday there was communication that the Bank of India was looking into the matter of halting some transactions with Russian banks but so far the matter is unresolved.
At the national level, India is saying that it is against the sanctions.
Understandably, China’s position is clear and unequivocal – China is Russia’s ally.
But, an even more interesting situation has emerged in the post-Soviet space. It is obvious and predictable that the Baltic states are supportive of the sanctions, but with the others it is not nearly as obvious. It could have been expected with the participant countries of the Eurasian Economic Union, that are part of the CSTO. Naturally, all of them have supported Russia. However, two countries which Ukraine depended on heavily, Moldova and Georgia, did not support the sanctions. Even Georgia, did not support Ukraine in the sanctions against Russia. Also, Moldova – I remind you that today Moldova has a pro-Europe government. So, it appears that in the post-Soviet space, none of the countries, except the three little Baltic limitrophe states, supported the sanctions against Russia. Even the ones that Ukraine really counted on – Moldova and Georgia.
This raises a very legitimate question – so, “who is the whole world with”?
Is the “whole world” – the USA plus the better part of Europe, the sum total population of which comprises less than 20% of the world’s population, and represents less than about 50% of the world GDP? Again, this figure includes and is based on fake, digital GDP numbers, which exist only on paper.
Therefore, we can see that on a diplomatic level, Russia prepared for this war very well.
Russia’s alliances and her allies work. It also means that all the countries of the world understand perfectly well what the battle that has unfurled in Ukraine is all about.
It is not a battle between Ukraine and Russia. Of course, not.
It is a battle of the USA against Russia and China – the destruction of that world where the Anglo-Saxon dominated countries are the leaders. It is perfectly understandable, why most of the countries that are not part of this European and North American bloc, wish to see the victory of China and Russia.
So, unfortunately I have to disappoint President Zelensky and the Ukrainian nationalists, who believe “the whole world is with us”. No, far from it.
In fact, the greater part of the world is not with you. Even Moldova and Georgia are not with you. That is what I wanted to say in this release. So, that is all for now on this subject matter. Please wait for the review on all fronts. I think it will come out somewhere around noon to 1:00pm.
See you soon.
Just to be truthful, I did correct Saker when he accused Serbia of introducing sanctions to Russia, well, unfortunately, in the General Assembly session of the UN, Serbia joined the declaration that condemns Russia for invasion of Ukraine.
I expect as reality sets in, governments and representatives handing out statements that are inverse to their intentions.
If it is to confuse You, dear “taxpayer”, their political foe, the media, or their “ally”…is above my pay grade.
We do not know what we do not know.
But you can bet the guys dropping bombs know what they know.
Just to add Serbia did it with the gun pulled in its head.
It is the Manchurian candidate President and pro-Albanian NATO-puppet gay-filled government of Serbia that voted against Russia in the UN. They had plenty of leeway especially due to the fact that the international law died in Yugoslavia where Nazis of NATO bombarded Serbs everywhere for 4 years helping their local Nazis kill and ethically cleanse the Serbs of the region.
The Ukrainian Nazis themselves were openly preparing for the so-called Croatian solution which entails killing, cleansing and then reducing Serb (in case of Ukraine – Russian) population size to zero or close to zero. All that while having NATO logistics and air support.
Serbia voted against its only ally in the world, Russia, who vetoed numerous attempts by the West to label Serb genocidal.
However, the people of Serbia may not go quietly away. We will see. Tomorrow is a big protest scheduled in Belgrade against the current government narrative change where all media with national coverage are openly pro-Nazi NATO or insinuating that Russia is to be blamed.
Crossing my fingers. Rússia Will get ALL its goals.
Brazil as a BRIC member has more to gain with a Russian’s partnership.
Brazil is with Rússia against
The Hegemon wants no friends or allies, only vassals.
The Ukies were perfectly constructed for this denouement of the West.
Ignorant, irrational, sociopathic, slothful, and, eventually, suicidal, suffering evident mass psychosis.
Russia has an obligation to eradicate the Ukraine as a government and geographic entity, disperse the psychotic to the cradle of psychosis, Europe, and break the entity into small pieces of governable statelets that forty years hence may re-confederate if they are declared cured of nazism.
Leave nothing that can become recognized as a country beyond the borders of Donbass and Novorossiya.
Peace will ensue.
Disagree – create a vacuum and it will be filled – like Ukraine was – with undisereables. Libya is the model for this.
Reference The Logic of US Foreign Policy (https://swprs.org/us-foreign-policy/). A non-state bypasses the entire decision tree on this chart.
Small entities, no vacuum. Nothing large enough to be recognized for Western funding and support.
These Ukies will be come very close to you my friend. Canada, the democratic country par excellence, is pumping adrenaline in the nationalistic psyche of its population and I expect that planeloads of Ukronazies will emigrate to Canada in the coming days or weeks. All are poor victims of the Russian massacre and Canada will save them from the Russians.
Canadians are now very enthusiastic about their Ukrainian brothers, and a large part of the population, it seems, are now Ukrainian. Freeland will have plenty of choice for carrying out her mission.
I think a federation of 3/4 autonomous regions will do. Regardless, whatever the Ukrainians decide will not be recognized by the west … only the exile nazi government in London.
When it comes real economy the so called west (North America, EU + Gin Tonic UK, aussies etc) took less than 40% of world’s GDP PPP and that slice is shrinking every week. Take a look at steel production: USA less than 4%, China 53%. Aluminium: USA little bit over1%, China 54%. Warmongering and talking heads of media circus is where the west dominates.
russia needs to develop her own hard and software and internet services asap. there must be some way to stop the ddos attacks like for example destroying some usa-europe sea cables. i am amazed that russia did not bring diplomats and russians home on day one of the war.
Well, this article explains it very well why.
What you say is very true. Also just yesterday i got my email address with Yandex. This is superb both the search engine and email service. Glad so i wont have to use google anymore.
The software should not be too difficult, they can take any of the BSD Unix’es and make it legally into something of their own, whether open source or closed source. Apple OS has FreeBSD at its base.
The dam of inflation is starting to breach its walls.
And its damn the cola’s too.
How in blazes is anyone going to square that circle?
So, IMO, there being not one official military “boots on the ground” troops from ANY non-Ukie nation may constitute “zero support,”no? And, I recall from my SFOR days lots of multi-national forces in BiH, including Russians, ALL working together to rebuild all the damage. What are the odds a 2022 Ukraine Multi-National Stabilization Force will be the end result after Russia’s Special Operations objectives are complete?
He forgot about Pakistan.
Yes. That is a big omission.
“Is the “whole world” – the USA plus the better part of Europe, the sum total population of which comprises less than 20%” – Better double check these critical numbers, yo.
US and its vassals do not equal THE WORLD, no matter how they try to spin all this.
“It is a battle of the USA against Russia and China.” Maybe so. In my book, ultimately, it is the battle of the New World against the Classical World. i.e. Zone A versus Zone B. A battle of such a scale will continue until the dominance of the Classical World is admitted by the New World. Slava CLASSICAL WORLD!
Brazilian president Bolsonaro wrote this to his supporters: (using google translator)
““The only truth
– Russia is not the Soviet Union;
– Vladimir Putin is not Stalin;
– USA is no longer a virtuous nation;
– There is only Russia, China and the Arab League capable of facing the NWO (New World Order);
– Communism has another name, it’s called Progressivism and its birthplace is Europe;
– Brazil is on the radar of NOM and the entire left. Three STF ministers and the Brazilian media (via electoral fraud) are ready to deliver it for half the price that the president of Ukraine delivered to his country;
– The same people who want the Brazilian President to take a firm stand in the Russia-Ukraine conflict are those who want to take the Amazon away from us.
– If Bolsonaro hadn’t run to make an alliance with Putin (fertilizers, …), we wouldn’t even have elections;
– Take off the cloth masks and the ones that cover up the truth!!
– For the first time in your life, face the stark reality – NOM is ready to install a world hegemonic government and Brazil will be its vegetable garden!!
– Communism has been transmuted, it has returned to its European cradle, now it no longer preaches class struggles but agendas, such as wokeism, minorities, sexism…
– Preach the death of God and the submission of all nations to a minority with power and money capable of subjugating all humanity!
– No more blindness! Canada has already fallen! France, England, Germany and now the USA are just vassals of NOM!
-Let us support and trust our President in his decisions or we will be annihilated as a nation!”
If true, I wonder why the President of Brazil did not say ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF IRAN. I say this because as far as I know no one has heard of the exploits and feats of the Arab league in any matter.
What? What? Whaaaat? This might be The Proof for everyone to see.
First: please add a link or something, so this could be verified.
Second: almost too good words, to be true, but well, nicely said. Hope it is 100% legit.
Bozzo would never have the competence to write or think anything like that. I doubt he knows 1/8 of the meanings of the words that appear in the text.
He repeats texts without even understanding what it is about. Tomorrow he might echo another one praising NATO, or Biden, or Truss.
Agreed. The closest to anything that was posted by Leonardo is
“Brazilian Bolsonaro supports Putin’s decision to carry out a denazification operation in Ukraine”
It may have been reported on Brazilian media which is another matter.
The ‘worldwide concern’ for Ukraine is limited mostly to the Twitterverse and the Managerial Class, which marches in lockstep. They have the mindset of a school of fish, and can mindless turn on a dime. Notice how ALL of them switched immediately from saying “Kiev” to “Kyiv”. Many of us in the U.S. call them “the Cloud People,” whereas the rest of us are “the Dirt People.” While there are some deep laid interests that have a self-serving plan for Ukraine, most of the Twitterverse is driven by emotion and hysteria. I believe most of them are incapable of comprehending the difference between a ‘war’ and an ‘information war.’ If Russia has made a mistake, it is in greatly overestimating the extent to which logic, and even self interest, plays a part in the Western Managerial Class response to the operation in Ukraine.
In my opinion, Russia should simply keep pursuing her objectives, while not expecting much in the way of rational action on the part of the Western so-called ‘elites.’ It doesn’t make much difference, because in two or three months they will be hooting and gibbering about the next ‘crisis,’ or some new bright and shiny object.
I fully agree. I’ve had several people reach to ask me what is really going on and I ask if they want the short or longer version. Longer version starts with Kievan Rus.
There are very few people I know, once appraised of the facts, support Ukraine. The empty headed ones are just hot air and noise, off to their next cause and just passing through this one.
When you view Zelensky and his Administrations as having hijacked the UKN for Soros & EU then this becomes a police/military anti-terrorist action – which is really what it is.
He got installed by foreign money & fraud and has stopped attempts to remove him by normal voting processes.
Sounds like the Nazis Party to me.
And Im sure most of the UKN people would like to see them go.
NATO darling Zelensky is dancing in heels. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv_WWzjrUrI
…this war is being waged by the globalists on Russia. They’re making it extensive and protracted to weaken her in the long term. According to the globalists once the Russians are exhausted enough, the 5th and 6th column will begin their mission sowing discords among people from inside. Their plan is to do to Russia what they did to Yugoslavia i.e. break it up in small pieces. In the eyes of the Western elites Russia represents the greatest challenge compare to China or Iran. So if I were Russia, I just wouldn’t bother with who is pro or against sanctions. There are so many countries today wanting get rid of the US dollar- SWIFT altogether and Russia/China must move fast to feel the gap. When that happens the West will be struggling for survival. God bless Russia and help her win the battle against the Western-financed neonazi gangs.
Cheers. Would you Please give me your alternative URL? Cause i don’t remember where yo find it and i’ve suffered a block out. Kindest regards.
MFA Sergeĭ Lavrov addressed the UN vote today in his video meeting with western journalists. His statement is that many people at the UN are threatened by the US, etc. by saying if you don’t vote for us we will kick out your children from our schools. They feel that they are being personally attacked.
You can’t use the UN vote as a measure of much. It is who is actually sanctioning Russia which tells one who is supporting the West on this.
Several points to make:
1. No matter how this ends ,military experts around the world will study this military campaign. The West/NATO looking for flaws in the Russian operations to hopefully give them help preparing for war. And Russia to correct any mistakes they may have made. But unfortunately for NATO their looking at this campaign may not teach them anything. The reason being that this was a special operation.And not, except in a few measures, how Russia would fight against them. Ukraine is a Rus brother nation. And Russia has moved heaven and earth to avoid as much bloodshed as they can there.Fighting against NATO states would not see Russia as mercifully inclined.The pain of betrayal and Russophobia coming from those states strips them of any right to the mercy shown in Ukraine.So what the NATO militaries perceive as Russia “slowness” is only Russia’s trying to save Ukrainian lives,and won’t help them if it comes their time.
2. China should closely watch this struggle (and take a lot of notes).Because the measures the West is trying to use to destroy Russia’s economy are how they will attack China if they succeed with Russia. China needs to look at all those measures and quickly figure out ways to corner them all.She also should understand how fatally important it is for China that Russia succeed in this struggle against the West.Without a strong pro-China Russia,China would have to face a victorious West, intent on destroying them almost totally alone. China and Russia may or may not love each other,but to survive they must have each other as an ally,it’s as simple as that.
3. Since the neo-nazis are trying to destroy all Ukraine on their way out,what is to be done. Well first fight them to the end and make them disappear from history in Ukraine. Second what they destroy,and the economy in general needs to be rebuilt . Restore quickly the trade ties to Russia,and take advantage of those ties to rebuilt the country. We have all heard about the Marshall Plan in Europe after WWII. Unlike what some believe in the US it was not done out of the “goodness of the US’s heart”. All the money put in was used to buy goods in the US made by Americans in American factories,and shipped to Europe. So that kept the US economy strong,when normally after a war industrial production would go down and some workers loose their jobs. Let the developing and rebuilding of Ukraine’s economy be done with Russian goods,and Chinese goods. So the benefits are shared by all three. Yesterday I posted an article by a Russian who talked about projects Russian wanted to develop with Ukraine before Maidan ( placement of Russian vessel orders at Ukrainian shipyards, joint projects in the aviation industry, large investments in Ukrainian assets such as the Odessa and Lysychansk refineries, the Krivoy Rog iron-ore refinery, the Krivorozhstal steel production complex, the Odessa Port Plant, the Zaporizhe Aluminium Refinery [ZALK], etc.). Develop them now after this operation is over. They benefit Russia as well as Ukraine,Russia needs to build ships,especially now that the West is sanctioning shipping companies carrying Russian cargo. Several Ukrainian ports under the Soviet Union were large ship building centers. There are large iron and coal deposits in Ukraine and the Krivoy Rog area was a large steel maker in the Soviet Union. Russia is going to need lots of steel,so combine with Ukraine and revitalize those steel mills.Nothing heals the bad feelings from war quicker than people having well paying jobs,able to be busy working and not stewing on the war. Russia also needs to fight the Western sanctions hard.And the idea tabled of refusing to honor patents of sanctioning countries may be an excellent idea. Start factories in Russia and Ukraine copying those goods and sell them in Russia,Ukraine,and throughout the World where Russia has trading relations. Nothing would be better for all those countries than an improvement in the living standards in all of them. Now is certainly not a time to hunker down,it’s time to fight back hard.
The Russia–Japan card looks interest Alec. I’ll take for $500.
The 20% comprising the western world owns 90% of the global communications services. That’s why we appear bigger than we are.
“Even Israel’s position in this question looks very, very ambivalent. Israel really, really does not want to quarrel with Russia.”
Not openly, for the world to see, the israelis are doing their usual number of pretending to be sweet innocent babes, playing coy. The israelis are the ones behind this war on Russia. They lead the pack and are orchestrating it, using their western proxies. The proxies get to take the sanction response hits, not sacred israel, this way.
As long the Europeans (not their corrupt, lackeys of the empire, political class) don’t rise up against the establishment, (that scandalous doble immoral elite), Europe will continue been the tail of the monster from the other side of the Atlantic.
Ca fait du bien de l’entendre dire, cette vérité : qui est de quel côté de la JUSTICE.
Avec deux remarques :
1. “Pour les dirigeants d’Israël, le dernier coup de couteau dans le dos a été le meurtre d’un citoyen israélien par les soldats nationalistes ukrainiens, lors de la tentative d’évacuation, alors qu’il a été pris pour un mercenaire tchétchène de Kadyrov associé aux séparatistes pro-russes”.
Je prendrais cet événement plus comme une excuse toute faite, comme une couverture, pour ne pas répondre dans le sens voulu du “camp adverse” à la Russie.
Les Israéliens, quoi qu’on dise, sont de grands observateurs et analystes.
Ils ne sont grands que par les soutiens qu’ils reçoivent du…”grand monde”.
2. La situation de la Moldavie ne doit pas être analysée en fonction des déclarations des “autorités” sur place, de ce gouvernement pro-UE, mais en fonction de ce que les moldaves souhaitent.
Il paraît qu’il y a plus de votes pour un rapprochement avec la Russie, que pour une entrée dans l’UE.
Comme c’était l’avis du peuple ukrainien en 2014.
Yandex translation. Mod:
It feels good to hear him say, this truth: who is on which side of JUSTICE.
With two remarks :
1. “For the leaders of Israel, the last stab in the back was the murder of an Israeli citizen by Ukrainian nationalist soldiers, during the attempted evacuation, when he was mistaken for a Chechen mercenary of Kadyrov associated with pro-Russian separatists”.
I would take this event more as a ready-made excuse, as a cover, for not responding in the desired sense from the “opposing side” to Russia.
The Israelis, no matter what anyone says, are great observers and analysts.
They are great only by the support they receive from the…”big world”.
2. The situation in Moldova should not be analyzed according to the statements of the “authorities” on the spot, this pro-EU government, but according to what the Moldovans want.
It seems that there are more votes for a rapprochement with Russia, than for entry into the EU.
As was the opinion of the Ukrainian people in 2014.