Most geopolitical commentators and analysts saw the purported hegemon’s War on Terror effective as a policy since 9/11, being replaced by a purported War on the Human Rights of other countries.
The War on Terror pretext started falling apart as a reason for maintaining hegemonic control through:
- color revolutions, attempts at regime change in other countries (striking examples: Venezuela, Cuba),
- attempts at destabilization as a pretext for hegemonic interference (most glaring example is that of Xinjian, where breathless reports appear of a Uighur genocide in that province by the Chinese state, yet, the many investigating groups that actually went to visit, find no evidence whatsoever, (not to mention no dead bodies either),
- or outright kinetic war (Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan).
- many more examples.
So a new pretext was invented and we noticed more and more references to Human Rights. This is what I mean when I refer to War on the Human Rights of other countries as a new pretext for hegemonic activities and control.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation (imv as a method of getting ahead of a deep inculcation of the War on the Human Rights messaging), prepared an extensive report on human rights in various countries today. The report is too extensive to post at The Saker Blog as a whole, but it needs to be seen.
The link is here: https://www.mid.ru/ru/foreign_policy/humanitarian_cooperation/-/asset_publisher/bB3NYd16mBFC/content/id/4025481?p_p_id=101_INSTANCE_bB3NYd16mBFC&_101_INSTANCE_bB3NYd16mBFC_languageId=en_GB
Countries that are specifically analyzed are these:
BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
THE CZECH REPUBLIC
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
* The name of Kosovo is mentioned in the context of UN Security Council resolution 1244.
Abbreviations used in the text
|FRA –||European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights|
|ODIHR –||OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights|
|CPT* –||European Committee for the Prevention of Torture and Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment|
|ECHR –||European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms|
|ECRI* –||European Commission against Racism and Intolerance|
|ECtHR –||European Court of Human Rights|
|AC FCNM* –||Advisory Committee on the Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities|
|CEDAW** –||Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women|
|CERD** –||Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination|
|CRPD** –||Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities|
|CAT** –||Committee against Torture|
|CRC** –||Committee on the Rights of the Child|
|HRCtte** –||Human Rights Committee|
|CESCR** –||Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights|
|HRMMU –||United Nations Human Rights Monitoring Mission in Ukraine|
|CoE –||Council of Europe|
|HRC –||United Nations Human Rights Council|
|OHCR –||Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees|
|OHCHR –||Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights|
* Operates within the Council of Europe
** Operates within the United Nations