by Jeff J. Brown for The Saker Blog
I have a file on Hong Kong (HK) as thick as my hand and several concerned people have emailed me, asking me to write something. So, here is an update.
I wrote about the long, sordid history of colonial and post-colonial Hong Kong at great length in The China Trilogy. It makes for fascinating reading, from Britain’s and the US’s global illegal drug and money laundering capital, to a nominal Chinese city, which in reality is still a British colony in all but name.
I have written many HK articles available on China Rising Radio Sinoland, including being guest on TV and radio. I didn’t realize how much work I’ve published on it, until I put this list together. They are all still very valid and up to date with what’s going on, since the West only has one monovision playbook of global capitalism, war, color revolutions and chaos against its enemies. Instead of repeating myself, here they are for your perusal. If you see Hong Kong in the title, that means it’s the main focus. Otherwise, it is part of the comparison and contrast discussion:
- https://chinarising.puntopress.com/2019/10/06/stop-press-imperial-observations-by-t-p-wilkinson-the-greanville-post/ (guest article)
In addition to this rich catalogue on Hong Kong, I would like to shout out Wei Ling Chua (http://www.outcastjournalist.com/) for being the best journalist on Planet Earth, in reporting on this subject. He is not posting his ongoing HK updates on his website, but is sending out regular email blasts. If you’d like to be on his list, I’m sure he’d be glad to add you. Email him at: [email protected], with “ADD” in the subject window.
As an up-to-the-minute look at what is going on in Hong Kong, here are a few facts the Big Lie Propaganda Machine (BLPM) intentionally censors behind the Great Western Firewall:
- Hong Kong’s GDP and other official data are not included in Mainland China’s statistics, so Baba Beijing doesn’t really give a rat’s ass whether the economy craters or not, which it is. HK has 7.44 million inhabitants, ranking it as a second-tier city on the Mainland, with Chengdu, Dongguan and Wuhan. HK is falling into recession, down 3.2% in third quarter 2019 alone. In August, there were 850,000 fewer tourists than the year before. People are leaving in droves: students, businesspersons and service workers. I have a good friend who is a doctor. He just shut down his clinic in HK and moved his practice to Beijing. Another friend teaching there contacted me about working in Shenzhen, because HK has become such a Western color revolution disaster. There are thousands like them. Billions of dollars are being drained out of people’s lives.
- The West’s color revolution chaos in HK is a wonderful poster child for Baba Beijing to show the world why Eurangloland’s fake democracy is a disaster for humanity and Planet Earth, while communist-socialist China just keeps on trucking like a highspeed train into the 22nd century. If you are living behind the Great Western Firewall, you may not be noticing this contrast, but billions of citizens in Asia, Africa, Latin America and Oceania are. Hong Kong’s destruction is one of Baba Beijing’s best public relations coups ever. Thank you, Donald Trump and Nancy Pelosi!
Wow! What a coincidence! Below, US corporate managed opposition Nancy Pelosi, with fake leftist US Representative Jim McGovern, who are proud to support violent, ransacking rioters, while above, paid CIA stooges in Hong Kong are wearing the same t-shirt. The Mandarin says, “Reclaim Hong Kong, Days of Revolution”.
- The CIA and FBI have well known offices in Hong Kong. Including the American consulate, there are more than 1,000 US government agents in the territory, and they are not there to just eat dim sum and enjoy a ride on the Star Ferry, as enjoyable as all that is. This does not include thousands of so-called NGOs, many that are CIA-FBI-NED-MI6-Soros-Omidyar color revolution chop shops. Baba Beijing doesn’t mind, as they are vacuuming petaflops of signal and human intelligence on all their sabotage and chaos, providing valuable planning and vaccination to prevent another color revolution in China, like 1989’s Tiananmen demonstration. For every color revolution saboteur and spy, there’s probably 1-2 Mainland agents watching their every move, recording every second of signal communication. It’s like an entomologist having a test tube full of maggot-filled dog shit to study up close. Priceless. Somebody call MasterCard to film a trendy, new ad.
- There are more than 800 Christian churches and another 800 Christian schools in HK. There is open evidence that many in both groups are working hand-in-hand with the rioting saboteurs, to provide cover and logistics, with the CIA gangsters providing the millions to pay for all of it. Many of these property wrecking gangsters are members of these Christian outfits, all because of their hatred of communist-socialist China.
- Always remember that yes, Hong Kong returned to the Mainland, under the 1997 Basic Law Treaty negotiated between Margaret Thatcher and Deng Xiaoping, but under the One Country-Two Systems agreement, to last until 2047. On the left is communist-socialist China, getting richer, more advanced and more powerful by the day. On the right is jungle capitalist, neoliberal Hong Kong, owned lock, stock and barrel by ten multibillionaire families, who exploit it like a metropolitan Honduras. They are merely inconvenienced by the West’s color revolution, but will still be gazillionaires, even if the territory implodes. This, while Hong Kong has some of the most unaffordable housing in the world, with more and more of the ever-poorer middle and lower classes being driven into homelessness, sardine packed shoebox apartments, or wire cages to stay off the streets. Poverty has been increasing for years in HK and now accounts for 20% of the people and growing. One-third of these impoverished are elderly. It’s the capitalist American Dream. Tent cities can’t be far behind in HK’s still grossly underdeveloped and neglected New Territories – this after 180 years of British exploitation. This, while communist-socialist China will have eliminated extreme poverty in the entire country by the end of 2020.
A more and more common need in Hong Kong, people forced to live in wire cages, since housing is unaffordable for the people. This, while communist socialist China is building millions of low-income housing around the Mainland.
- Never forget that under its One Country-Two Systems, Hong Kong is still a British hellhole for the 99%. The governor, Carrie Lam and all her family are well-to-do UK citizens. Much of the high-level government administration is staffed by Brits. The HK court system is full of foreign judges. The vast majority of the banks are foreign owned, without forgetting the territory’s 10-family, oligarchic owners. As you can imagine, most, if not all them have a visceral hatred of communism and socialism, and therefore China as well.
- Western media and leaders are gloating over Hong Kong’s district election results last week, where Beijing supporting reps were swept out of power, to be replaced by anti-China ones. This is standard Western “democracy” in action, where bad socioeconomic news results in the voters genuflecting to the opposition, no matter who they are. The district elections are like local neighborhood councils, not the real seats of power, which are in the territory-wide Legislative Council (LegCo). Even if pro-Chinese LegCo reps are replaced by Mainland hating ones, I don’t think Baba Beijing would really care. In fact, China may be hoping that does happen, so the onus of trying to fix Hong Kong’s hopeless, neoliberal nightmare is on the haters. Now, the CIA-FBI-NGO complex is going to have to decide whether or not to stop or slow down the billions of dollars of color revolution losses bleeding the people of Hong Kong. They could do this to demonstrate the “superiority” of Western style elections. As I wrote in an article cited above, Eurangloland has been fruitless in its HK sabotage, going back to 2014. The West is hoping to get Baba Beijing to send People’s Liberation Army (PLA) troops to quell the violence and chaos in HK, to gain another Tiananmen-esque Big Lie Propaganda cudgel, with which to demonize and club China for the next 30 years – and that’s clearly not going to happen. With the lower tier elections and nothing else to show for a city they have destroyed, Euranglolanders can declare victory and take a breather until they concoct round three.
A photo from The China Trilogy. It says, “Oppose Capitalism. Occupy Central”. That’s the real story in Hong Kong, global capitalism’s colonial impoverishment of the 99%, which you never see behind the Great Western Firewall.
- You can’t say Baba Beijing doesn’t have a sense of humor. A couple of weeks ago, after a particularly bloody and ransacking color revolution night, the PLA garrison in HK came out of their barracks alright. Not with guns, not even riot gear. They came out with trash bags and garbage cans to clear all the bricks, rocks and rubbish the rioters had thrown onto nearby streets, to keep citizens from going to work, while encouraging the people to stop the violence and chaos. Then, they quietly returned to their garrison. Talk about a class act!
- For all friends, fans and followers of China Rising Radio Sinoland, who are concerned that Eurangloland has scored a great victory against Baba Beijing, with the district election losses, not to worry. It’s understandable, if you are thinking like Westerners. But, China knows exactly what it is doing and what it refuses to fall for. I can promise you Baba Beijing knows by heart, line for line, the timeless Chinese classics, The 36 Stratagems of War and The Art of War. Over the long run, Confucism, Daoism, Buddhism and Mao Zedong’s geopolitical vision will win the Sino-day. It’s thanks to Mao that China is not Ukraine or Bolivia. Letting the world watch in horror, as jungle capitalist, neoliberal, imperial Hong Kong cannibalizes itself, thanks to the continually failing Western color revolution being orchestrated there, since 2014, will be a case study for Chinese universities, think tanks and relevant government entities to discuss for decades to come.
- Go Pelosi go! Trump, yoh duh M-A-N! Cackle for us, Hillary! Pompeo, go ahead and create your own reality! Baba Beijing just loves the millennial weakness and folly of your racist hubris! You have been losing this game big time, since 1949…
Jeff J. Brown is the author of The China Trilogy (https://chinarising.puntopress.com/2018/06/30/praise-for-the-china-trilogy-the-votes-are-in-it-r-o-c-k-s-what-are-you-waiting-for/), blogs and podcasts at www.chinarising.puntopress.com. His forthcoming book, Faster than a Speeding Bullet – the Chinese People’s Unstoppable Socialist Dream for Global Leadership into the 22nd Century, will be released in December 2020.
Creative Commons: This article by Jeff J. Brown is available for re-publication free of charge under Creative Commons. It may be translated into any language and republished anywhere in the world. Editing is permitted of the article(s). You may edit my article(s) and bio to correct spelling, grammar, word usage and any misstatement of facts.
You may change any wording that may be culturally offensive or inappropriate to the reading audience. You may change the title of my article(s) and you may edit them to fit the desired space and word length preferred by your publication.
If you edit and publish my article(s) the only request is that the intended meaning in my article(s) not be changed or taken out of context. You may use the suggested graphics, which to the best of my knowledge are available free under Creative Commons, but I cannot guarantee that they may be used without the permission of their creator and/or owner. You may select your own choice of graphics, pictures and /and or videos (or none) that complement the intended meaning of my article. Please share and distribute this article widely. My contact email is [email protected].