by Herb Swanson (webmaster)
Vineyard BookShelf Project
In February, I proposed to Saker the creation of a ‘Vineyard Bookshelf’. Many great books are noted and linked in the comments. However these references/links are buried as new posts and issues appear. It is anticipated the ‘Vineyard Bookshelf’ will provide greater visibility of books suggested by our readers.
Only bookshelf_survey part is being released today.
It consists of two parts:
1. A general library of all books (database) contributed by using the bookshelf_survey tool.
2. A group of 50 books will be selected by Saker, staff and the readers/commentators. From this group a book will be chosen every 6-8 weeks for review and discussion. A Web page for the current book under review will exist and the other 49 books broken out by category and detailed book information provided.
Once we have a sufficient number of books in the general library, the 50 books for ‘Vineyard Bookshelf’ will then be selected and the related web pages created. I anticipate this will be in the fall of this year.
The tool being released today (bookshelf_survey) allows the reader to contribute their favorite books to the ‘general library’.
The current general library is pre-loaded with 171 books that have been stripped out of the comments and loaded into the new bookshelf database.
We are now asking our readers/commentators to contribute their favorite books for review and inclusion in the ‘Bookshelf’ general library. The ‘bookshelf_survey’ allows our readers to do the following
1. Search for books.
2. Save books into the general library.
3. Create a personal subset of books within the general library.
3. Find and View books already in the database.
4. Provide location for purchase and the price for a selected book.
5. Download the existing current general library as a spreadsheet.
Accessing the ‘bookshelf_survey’ tool
2. Cafe Page sidebar.
3. Home Page sidebar.
1. Enter a book title in the ‘input area’ and press ‘Search for Book’.
2. ‘Help’ button is provided on the ‘bookshelf_survey’ page.
Please note any suggestion or issues in the comment section.